San Francisco Electrical Panel Upgrades
Trust Our Diamond Certified Solar Company
At SolarUnion, we are San Francisco solar developers who offer turnkey solutions with asset management for the entire life of our customers' solar assets. Unlike traditional solar installers, our commitment to our clients goes beyond the installation of the system alone, and starts from the moment you decide to go green. Our skilled solar specialists provide maximum economic benefit and design systems for permanent electrical consumption offset to optimize the economic value of your roof. To do this, we start with an electrical panel upgrade to ensure your system works well and helps you save from day one. We understand that the upgrade process can be confusing, which is why we walk you through the process from start to finish, being completely transparent every step of the way.
Call (888) 815-6633 to talk to us about your solar needs. We are proud to offer the best solar services in San Francisco and throughout California.
Do I Need to Upgrade?
You may need an upgrade to fully equip your solar panels, or your home might just need to be modernized. Imagine you are getting a new appliance, such as a state-of-the-art refrigerator or new washing machine in your home, it is important you know that it will work properly once it is plugged in. Solar is no different.
You may need an electrical panel upgrade for any of the following reasons:
- Because your new system will be connected to the main service panel, it may be necessary to plug in and operate your solar.
- Sometimes the city requires upgrades to pass inspection.
- Upgrades ensure that you are getting the most out of your energy system for years to come.
Therefore, at the time of your solar-readiness audit, if our San Francisco solar developers find you need an upgrade, we will install one below cost to ensure your solar investment will work.
How Do Solar Panels Hook up to My Home Electrical Panel?
It's best to let a professional complete the installation for you, but it's never bad to learn as much as possible about your new energy source.
The basics steps for connecting your new solar panels to your home include:
- Install the new panels on your roof.
- Install batteries to connect to your solar panels. If you are only using your panels as backup energy, these may not be necessary.
- Connect the panels to a power inverter. This will convert the DC power generated by the panels into AC power, which you need for your home. Depending on if you also installed batteries, either connect the inverter to your batteries or directly to your home grid.
- If you also have a generator, connect that to the inverter.
An Honest Assessment of Your Energy Needs
SolarUnion never makes a profit on things you need. While an upgrade may be more money out of pocket up front, the city requires it to pass inspection. If you are still researching solar power, further information on solar installation can help you figure out what product is best for your home.
Our San Francisco solar company will never upsell you a product or service you do not need. We are conscious of your budget and will keep you informed at all times so there are never any surprises from the initial audit and roof inspection, all the way through the final touches.